Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Classes for Wednesday January 28th, 2009


They just announced that classes will be delayed until 10:00 AM on Wednesday January 28th because of bad weather. This means that the 9:00 AM lecture (BIOL 1404 section 001) is cancelled while the 10:00 AM lecture will take place.

This causes a few problems because we have a test scheduled for Tuesday night and I want both of the sections to have covered the same material. Here is what I propose to do.

1) I will delay finishing the discussion about logistic growth until Friday in both sections. I have already posted a couple of lessons about logistic growth and it probably would not be a bad idea for you to examine those before Friday.

2) If there is time on Friday I will begin the next topic- Community Ecology (if there is not time we will start this topic on Monday). I will soon make a post about what information about Community Ecology you are responsible for on the first midterm.

3) During the 10:00 AM lecture on Wednesday I will talk about human population growth. Students in both sections will be responsible for the information covered in the readings and in the web post on Human Population Growth. I think that this is a very interesting and important topic and I will go into more detail in Wednesday's 10:00 lecture than you will be responsible for on the test. Any students who are enrolled in the 9:00 section that are able to attend the 10:00 section are encouraged to attend. I think that human population growth is one of the most interesting and important issues facing us today, so I look forward to discussing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment